A Danish branch that wants to join the supplementary coverage of the Danish deposit guarantee scheme, cf. § 4 in Act on a Depositor and Investor Guarantee Scheme, must inform the Guarantee Fund in writing that the branch wants to join the supplementary coverage.
There is no form that needs to be filled out when filing the claim.
The Guarantee Fund requires that the claim must include the following information:
- The name of the branch, address and VAT number
- Name, address and VAT number or similar of the company in its home country
- The date of the establishment of the branch in Denmark
- The date of the Danish Financial Supervisory Authority’s confirmation of the notification of the branch
- The registration number of the Danish Financial Supervisory Authority
- The name of the branch manager
The claim must be signed by the person that can sign for the branch (the branch manager) or the branch manager must have agreed to the claim if it is filed by an advisor or company on behalf of the branch.
The claim must include the following:
- A copy of the confirmation from the Danish Financial Supervisory Authority on the notification of the branch or a letter from the Danish Supervisory Authority to the Guarantee Fund regarding notification of the branch
- A complete report from the Danish Business Authority
The supplementary coverage will become effective as soon as the Guarantee Fund has received the signed claim with the above-mentioned documentation.